The name of Jesus the bible tells us, is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and they are safe, Proverbs 18:10. When we use the name of Jesus, we activate the power of God in and through that name. The redeeming blood of Jesus Christ, gives power to His name. The name of Jesus carries tremendous power that is dynamic in nature, and it calls those things that be not as though they are. The name “Jesus” brings the grace of God to us and when we pray using that name, all hell breaks loose. Philippians 2:9-11 “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father”.
The name of Jesus is our defence and banner against the attacks of the enemies and their wicked schemes. The bible also tells us, in Romans 10:13 says, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”. Using the name of Jesus when we pray, is the greatest remedy for the believer in Christ, whose trust and hope is in the Lord.
What happens when we mention the name of Jesus?
1. Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess He is Lord, “Philippians 2:10-11”.
2. Light shines through the darkness, “John1:5”.
3. Bonds, cords and chains are broken, and captives are free, “Psalm 2:3”, “Isaiah 58:6”.
4. We get the attention of Heaven and earth, “Deuteronomy 32:1”.
5. We are saved. They that call upon the name of the Lord shall be, “Acts 2:21”,
6. Healing and restoration occurs, “Acts 3:7-8”.
7. Situations change, “John 16:23”.
8. We surrender to the power of name, “Romans 6:16”.
9. We are divinely protected, “Psalm 121:5-8”, “Psalm 91:10-11”.
10. Devils and demons flee, “James 4:7”.
11. We have immediate access to the power of God, “Ephesians 2:18”.
12. We identity with the birth, death, burial, resurrection, and glorification of the Lord Jesus Christ, “Romans 6:5”.
13. Our prayers according to His will, become yea and amen, “2 Corinthians 1:20”.
14. Our faith increases and our spirit-man is stirred up, “Haggai 1:14”, “2 Timothy 1:6-7”.
15. We give God and the Hosts of Heaven, the legal right to intervene and work on our behalf, “Romans 8:28”, “Romans 11:34-36”.
16. We are redeemed and forgiven, “Ephesians 1:7”.
Using the name of Jesus, is a privilege which everyone must not take for granted or become overly familiar with. The name works wonders for us when we us it, especially when combined with faith and hope. The name of Jesus is no respecter of age, persons, race, religion, status, beliefs, titles and possessions. Therefore, everyone both old and young, will experience power when they mention the name of Jesus. The name of Jesus is a game changer! The bible tells us that it is God’s will that all men be saved and come to the realisation that Jesus is Lord, 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance”.
Jesus is the Lord of Heaven and earth, therefore, everything and everyone whether death or alive in Heaven and earth, is subject to this powerful and life-giving name. One major trait of the name of Jesus, is that it is a life-giving and miracle working name. As children of light and not darkness, we have not only the absolute right to use the name boldly and confidently; but we must also put on the name of Jesus, Galatians 3:27 “For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ”. The name of Jesus is our refuge and a wall of fire that surrounds us, it is the glory of God in our midst, Zachariah 2:5 “And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will be its glory within”. Jesus is our High Priest, therefore, when we mention His name, He intercedes on our behalf against the accuser of the brethren (the devil).
Praise God for giving us Jesus!!!
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name!