The mindset of Jesus is one that sees beyond the past and present, but is focused on the things that are to come. This kind of mindset requires the divine grace of God through the power of the Holy Spirit, in every way. As children of the Most High God, we must cultivate and develop the mindset of Jesus, so that we may live fruitfully and have meaningful lives. 1 Corinthians 2:16, for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ”. The bible reminds us that As Jesus is, so are we in this world. Therefore, it is very crucial that we think, act and talk like Jesus would because we are the imitators of our Lord Jesus Christ in everything. 1 John 4:17, “This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus”.
Our minds can be trained to become what we mostly admire and appreciate; therefore, when we make Jesus and His word our focus, our minds will be reformed, transformed and shaped by the Spirit of God. We must continuously take our thoughts captive and be cautious with our words like Jesus would. The mindset of Jesus, is not one that doubts, regrets and condemns; instead, it is one that operates with complete faith and trust in God, His word and His promises. The mindset of Jesus calls those things that be not as though they are, because we know who we believe and serve. 2 Corinthians 1:20, “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God”.
The mindset of Jesus is one that loves beyond human capabilities, and it is not easily provoked or discouraged. Its sole purpose is to remain pleasing to God the Father, to do the work of His Kingdom and to give all glory to Him. As believers, we bear the responsibility to walk in the light of God and to demonstrate Agape love in all circumstances. The mindset of Jesus is prayer conscious and it reverences the things of God. It is not controlled by our souls, instead, it is influenced by the Holy Spirit through the grace of God. Romans 8:14, “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God”. This mindset is pure and not self-seeking, arrogant or selfish in anyway; rather, it is born out of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. The mindset of Jesus is kind, patient, peaceful, mature, loving and forgiving.
When we submit ourselves fully to the will of God, the Holy Spirit will enable us to grow and be fruitful in our walk with the Lord. The mindset of Jesus reveals the heart of God to mankind, and through developing this mindset, we overcome the enemies, and we triumph in life. This mindset is born out of continued fellowship with the Lord, and it thrives through total obedience to His will for our lives. The mindset of Jesus focuses on the things which are in heaven, and not on the things which are on the earth. Colossians 3:2, “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things”.
The mindset of Jesus is a result producing mindset that works in discernment, and in the wisdom of God. It achieves whatever it set its heart upon to do. It is resistant to the attacks of enemies and it is built on the solid rock of God. As we grow in the things of God, our mindsets will also increase and become established in Christ. It is a renewing process, that is empowered by the Holy Spirit of God, to help us conform to what God intends for us. This mindset sees through the eyes of God, and it understands that the spiritual gives birth to all things physical.
Qualities of the Mindset of Jesus
- It believes the word of God in everything: Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart”.
- It is justified by faith: Romans 5:1, “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”.
- It is patient, kind, compassionate and strong: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, “ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres”.
- It is controlled by the Holy Spirit: Romans 8:9, “You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ”.
- It is mindful of the things of God: 2 Peter 3:2, “That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour”.
- It accomplishes everything that it set its heart to do: Isaiah 55:11, “so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it”.
- It is sacrificial: John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”.
- It is scripture based: Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things”.
- It is prosperous and fruitful: Genesis 9:7, “And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein”.
- It fears and reverences God: Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell
How do we develop the Mindset of Jesus?
- By studying the word of God: 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”.
- Through prayers and fasting: Ezra 8:23 So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer”.
- Develop the love and fear of God: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, “The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil”.
- Doing good deeds: Galatians 6:9, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up”,
- Loving one another: Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ”.
- Fellowship with other believers: Hebrews 10:25, “not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching”.
- Be active in the work of God: Ephesians 2:10, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them”.
- Through our cheerful giving: 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, “ The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver”.
- Through praise and worship: Luke 2:37 Then she lived as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the Temple but stayed there day and night, worshiping God with fasting and prayer”.
- Sharing the Gospel to the unsaved: Acts 1:8, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth”.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name.
2 thoughts on “Have The Mindset of Jesus Christ – by Benny Shobo”
Thank you for this message . Inspiring
Thank you Stanley. God bless you!