Psalms 31:20, “In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues”. The best and most secure place to be, is in the secret place of the Lord; a place that conveys the love, peace, joy and life of God to us as His beloved children. The secret place of the Most High, is the rest of God. Psalms 62:1, “Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him”. It is a place where we can boldly approach the Lord and communicate our heart’s desires to Him. It is also a place where God justifies, impacts and directs our lives in His perfect will. In the secret place of the Lord, we take refuge, solace, and rest, and God is our fortress and shield. Psalms91:1-2, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust”.
The secret place of the Lord is the divine presence of God in our lives, and we can always go to the presence of God wherever we are. We have to make Jesus our Lord and Saviour, so that we can come boldly before the Father God and make our petitions known to Him. In the secret place of the Lord, we have fellowship with God by His Spirit. The Holy Spirit, through the Blood of Jesus, gives us access to our Father God. God is always seeking our fellowship in the secret place, where it is just us and God alone. The bible tells us in Psalms 22:3, that God inhabits in the praises of His people. Therefore, when we approach the secret place of God in prayers, praise and worship, we are literally calling on the Lord’s powerful presence unto us. In the secret place of the Most High, battles are won, burdens are cast down and we receive God’s justice.
The way into the secret place of the Lord, is through our sincere and fruitful relationship with Jesus; and the presence of the Holy Spirit in us. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, He alone through his sacrifice on the cross, reconciled us back into fellowship with God. John 14:6, Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”. It is through this fellowship of love and reverence, that we are able to come before God in the secret place by the Holy Spirit. The secret place is in our hearts and not a place like we know it. It is accessible through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
David in the bible was one who knew and understood what the power of secret place of God is, and he would always run there when he needed to hear, be led or draw inspiration from God. Before we access the secret place of the Lord, we have to remove all distractions, and barriers that may hinder us from coming before the Lord with a sincere and godly heart. Hebrews 4:16, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need”. One thing stands sure, and that is, when we visit and leave the secret place of God, we do not remain the same; instead, we are renewed in our spirit-man.
What happens when we are in the secret place of God?
- There is complete safety: Psalms 46:1, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble”.
- We experience the power of God: 1 Corinthians 6:14, “And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.
- The Lord will guide, lead and speak to us: Exodus 33:9, “Whenever Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent; and the Lord would speak with Moses”.
- We receive God’s favour and blessings: Genesis 22:17, “indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies”.
- We leave there empowered by the Holy Spirit: Acts 1:8, “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be [a]witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth”.
- We receive revelation knowledge: Proverbs 2:6, “For the LORD gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding”.
- We have the peace of God that passes all understanding: Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.
- We have answers to our prayers: John 14:13, “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son”.
- We experience the Love of God: Exodus 9:16, “But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth”.
- Our hope is renewed: Hebrews 10:23, “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful”.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name.