The amazing grace of God is the absolute kindness and divine favour of God to us, through His son Jesus, and by the power of the Holy Spirit. This amazing grace is priceless and uniquely bestowed upon the children of Light by God, which enable us to live a fruitful and successful Christian life. God is particularly favourable to His dearly beloved children, and He empowers us by His grace to become overcomers and triumphant in everything that concerns us. Ephesians 2:8, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God”. One of the main reasons why I love God other than for His righteousness, purity, faithfulness, love and mercy, is because of His amazing grace to us His dear children.
Although this amazing of God increases in our lives and it varies in degree, just like the measures of Faith, it is dependant on our complete obedience to God and His word. Ephesians 4:7, “But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift”. The grace of God is a gift, which we receive from God not because of our works, efforts or achievements, but it is solely based on the goodness and kindness of God. Romans 11:6, “But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace”. This amazing grace of God is usually timely and extremely effective in our lives, and in every situations or circumstances that we encounter. Without the amazing grace of God, we can do nothing, achieve nothing and our lives will be very tedious.
I once described the amazing grace of God, as Jesus willingly cooking dinner in our kitchen for us, while we sit comfortably in the sitting room watching television. This comparison is really what the amazing grace of God is like in our lives. It simply means that God is working everything together for good on our behalf, while we literally do nothing to deserve or warrant it. This amazing grace of God is God’s sufficient available to us, regardless of our status, titles, possessions, ages or backgrounds. When God’s grace is at work in our lives, all our effort seems meaningless and ineffective because it is not by our might or power, but it is purely by the power of the Holy Spirit of God. Zachariah 4:6, “So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty”.
I remember vividly when my mother died in 2006, and while my family and I were in mourning, I noticed that I was very strengthened on the inside, as a result, I was strong for my family during those challenging period. I remember one afternoon while I was washing the dishes in my kitchen, I said “Father God, if only Your grace was a person, I would thank Him very much. The following day in the afternoon, I clearly heard the Holy Spirit speak these words to me, “but Jesus is the grace of God”. Right there where I stood, I began to bless God for Jesus, and thanked Jesus for empowering me by His Holy Spirit. Titus 2:11, “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people”.
When God sent His only begotten Son Jesus, to save all who dared to believe in Him, God gave us His grace and love, by sacrificing Jesus in our stead. Romans 5:8, “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”. The amazing grace of God, sets the believers in Christ apart from the unbelievers; in other words, we have more advantages, we are better equipped for life and we carry the evidence of the presence and goodness of God with us always.
The benefits of the amazing grace of God
- We are blessed and highly favoured: Luke 1:28, “And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favoured one, the Lord is with you!”
- We are enriched and empowered: Ephesians 3:16, “that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man”.
- We are forgiven and justified: Romans 3:24, “and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus”.
- We are encouraged and rested: Psalms 94:13, “you grant them relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked”.
- We have the peace of God: Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.
- We are controlled by the Holy Spirit: Romans 8:14, “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God”.
- We feel loved and have the love of God: 1 John 4:16, “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them”.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name.