1 John 2:20, tells us that we have an unction from the Holy one, and we know all things. In the bible, we see that Paul knew what would happen to him, his sufferings, the timing of his death; we see how Jesus predicted that Peter would deny Him and Judas would betray Him. We also read in the bible how Jesus even predicted His own death and resurrection in Matthew 16:21. Matthew 17:2, Like 13:33 and Mark 8:31, which says “ He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again”. Even way back in the old testament, we see how Joseph through his dreams predicted his future, and through Pharaoh’s dreams, predicted that there would be farming in Egypt; and there are many more examples of such.
The question now, is “How did they all know what would transpire in the future?” The answer to that question is in 1 John 2:20, “But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth”. The bible tells that all knowledge and revelations come from God, and He reveals it to us by His Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:9-13, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual”.
The Holy Spirit is our helper in all things, and He reveals the heart, plans and power of God to all His children who are called by His name; those who have made Jesus the Lord and Saviour of their lives. The power to prophesy is given by God to us, to aid us in our fruitful walk with him on the earth. God is no respecter of persons, therefore His gift of the Revelation Knowledge to us, is not based on our status, age, possessions, race or maturity. But it is solely based on His grace, and the measure of it upon our lives. The Holy Spirit of God is the Revealer of all things that pertains to life and godliness in Jesus Christ. Therefore, He guides us with knowledge and power. This gift of revelation power is a huge bonus in the life of a believer, because he/ she is developed spiritually due to the deep communications with God. This gift of knowledge, guides, shapes and uplifts the believer to know what is freely given unto him/ her. It reveals what God’s intentions are and His perfect will for us.
God allows us to see things through His eyes and gain understanding by His Spirit. This is because He wants us to know how much He loves us, and what He has planned for us. Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.
I vividly remember an incident that occurred in 2007 back in London where I lived. On this fateful day, I was returning from a church programme at around 10pm. While I was on the train heading home, suddenly, a vision of a lady being dragged by two men, flashed before me like a scene from a movie. I was confused thinking to myself, did I just see that. I did not think too much of it and carried on looking out of the window of the train. Moments later, I had another vision, and this time, I saw that the lady I had earlier seen in the first vision being dragged away, was me. I saw that two men grabbed me from behind as I walked home and I was struggling with them. Immediately the second vision ended, I began to pray on the train, refuting, rejecting, cancelling and binding the plans of the enemy against me. I got off the train at my stop, and tried calling my husband to come pick me up from the train station; but I remembered that I told him earlier before I left church, to go shopping and I would make my way home by myself. Once that dawned on me, I decided to walk home from the train station. It was about eight minutes walk, so I thought nothing about it.
It was dark and as I walked, I looked around me and there was nobody to be seen. I hurriedly walked towards home. There was a black BMW saloon car, which stopped on the road beside me. As I was about to take another step forward, I clearly heard the Holy Spirit say to me, “Benny Stop!!!”; and I immediately stopped not understanding why He told me to stop. As I stood there, I looked around me and noticed that I was standing in front of a house which still had their lights on, and I turned to see why the car stopped. A man came out of the passenger’s side of the car, and headed towards one of the properties that was on a hill. I though to myself, oh! he must be visiting someone that lived in that house. So I proceed to take a step forward heading in the direction of my home, when I heard the Holy Spirit speaking to me a second time. This time He was very authoritative. He told me sternly, “Benny, I said stop!!!”. Now when I heard the seriousness in His second command, I knew that I had to adhere to His command.
I looked at the direction of the door of this house on the hill, and noticed that there was no one at the door. It dawned on me then, that this man was hiding in the bushes leading to the stairs on the hill. I waited, and after what seemed like 3-4 mins, he came out of the bush and looked straight at me. I believe he was wondering why I never moved. I continued watching him, thinking to myself, if he walked towards me, I would run and knock vigorously on the door of the House whose lights were still on, for help. To my surprise, a second man in the driver’s seat, came out staggering as if drunk, and looked furiously looked at me. I stared back at him and he could not understand why I stood my ground by refusing to move. He then proceeded to undo his trousers right in my presence and relieved himself on the road. Both men had a word, got into the car and drove off. I was in shock as to what had I had just witnessed. I waited two more minutes, then I took a step forward to walk home quickly. When I did that, the Holy Spirit spoke to me a third time, very harshly, !I SAID STOP!!!!”. I stopped right on my tracks and did not move again.
As I stood there thinking “why Lord do You want me to stand here”, I saw that this same BMW car, had made a U-turn and heading towards me from the opposite direction with speed. The car stopped right in front of me and both passengers looked bewilderedly at me. I refused to move and stared back at them. I heard them speaking to each other, and then they zoomed off with high speed. At this point, if anyone I knew had called me, I would not have moved, because I had resolved in my heart that until the Holy Spirit instructs me to move, I was going nowhere! I stood there for a couple of minutes when I finally heard the Holy the fourth time telling me, “Run home now!”. I too lived on a hill and was about three minutes away from my house; but once I heard Him telling me to run, I ran with all gusto and did not look back. When I finally got home, I was very shaken by my ordeal, and I praised God none stop.
Only the revelation knowledge of God could have saved me from those vile men that day. Praise God! He had me covered on every side. Psalm 91, ”Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent”. Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Ways through which God Reveal things to us
1. His Word in the bible: Joshua 1:8, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
2. Dreams and Visions: “Joel 2:28, “ And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions”.
3. Other Believers: 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, “To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues”.
4. Divine and Supernatural Encounters(visits from his Angels and Jesus): Hebrews 1:14, “Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?.
5. Signs and Wonders: Judges 6:36-40, “Gideon said to God, “If you will save Israel by my hand as you have promised–look, I will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by my hand, as you said. ”And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew—a bowlful of water. Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece, but this time make the fleece dry and let the ground be covered with dew. ”That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew.
6. The Holy Spirit: John 16:13, “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come”.
7. The Audible Voice of God: Exodus 20:1-27, “And God spoke all these words: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name”.
Reasons Why God Reveal things to us
1. To give us knowledge: John8:32, “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free”.
2. To reveal His intentions: 1 Corinthians 2:16, “For, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ”.
3. To caution from sin us: Mark 13:7-8, “When you hear of wars and rumours of wars, do not be frightened; those things must take place; but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.
4. To bless us: Genesis 24:1, “Now then, tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty says: I took you from the pasture, from tending the flock, and appointed you ruler over my people Israel. I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth. And I will provide a place for my people Israel and will plant them so that they can have a home of their own and no longer be disturbed. Wicked people will not oppress them anymore, as they did at the beginning and have done ever since the time I appointed leaders over my people Israel. I will also give you rest from all your enemies.“.
5. To warn us of imminent dangers: Acts 20:23, I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me”.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name.