I will define purity of heart as the completeness of one’s heart to God in love, reverence, truth, obedience, righteousness, and holiness. Matthew 5:8, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God”. The condition of the heart of anyone will determine whether they will make Heaven or Hell. Our hearts are priceless gifts from God unto us, and when we keep it pure, and not contaminated, God will love, bless, and protect us.
Matthew 19:13-14, “Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”. The devil wants nothing from you except to corrupt your heart, steal your allegiance to God, isolate your heart from God, His love, peace, joy, protection, grace and goodness. This was the case of King Saul and David’s hearts, where Saul’s heart was corrupted by evil, David’s heart on the other hand was steadfast in God through intimacy and complete submission to God.
Our hearts are the doorway to our souls. Therefore, we must be very prudent what we allow to go through our hearts to our souls. If the devil succeeds in corrupting your heart, he will have all legal rights to attack and destroy you. What you see, hear, say and think, will inevitably affect your thoughts, emotions and actions either positively or negatively. Proverbs 4:23, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it”. The issue of life here refers to whether or not we will make Heaven after finally leaving the world behind.
10 Ways To Keep Our Hearts Pure
1. Prayer and fasting.
2. Be mindful of what you watch and see with your eyes.
3. Mind what you hear and listen to.
4. Watch carefully what you say.
5. Feed your heart with the word of God through studying the Bible.
6. Examine yourself truthfully from time to time.
7. Yield to the guidance and corrections of the Holy Spirit.
8. Love truth, detest lies and desist from evil.
9. Praise and worship God often.
10. Live a life of gratitude to God always.
10 Reasons Why We Must Keep Our Hearts Pure?
1. It prospers your relationship with God.
2. It is our bus, and bus fare to Heaven.
3. It will determine how God may use us for His purpose.
4. It will protect us from the devil and the works of darkness against us.
5. God will love us and reveal His secrets to us.
6. It will protect our conscience from corruption.
7. It will pave the way for us to have divine encounters with God.
8. It will conquer fear in our lives.
9. It serves as an insurance of Eternal Life with God.
10. It brings joy, peace, grace, favour and God’s provision to us.