From time to time, we may encounter situations that bother our minds, and this can make us to become anxious. As children of the Most High God, we must draw strength from the word of God, especially at the times of our need. The bible reminds us that it is not by our might or power that we do anything, but it is by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, “Zechariah 4:6”. The Holy Spirit resides in us as children of God, and He helps us through difficult and challenging times. Being anxious about things that bother our minds, will not resolve them in any way, instead, we will only wear ourselves out.
Matthew 6:25-34 tells us, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life. “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you- you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear? for the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own”.
We may need urgent solutions to our problems and challenges, but we have to understand that God’s council will never fail us, especially when we need Him the most. With the consciousness of this truth, it is beneficial for us not to fret but take out sometime to pray to God in the midst of our challenges.
When we have things that are bothering our minds, it is quite difficult for us to focus and even pray; but that is the best time to communicate our problems to God, so that He may throw light into our situations. God is able to solve all things, and we must remember always that nothing is impossible with God. When we bring what bothers us to God in prayer, we are literally giving Him the right to come into the situation and work it out for our good. He already knows what we are going through before we seek His face regarding them, and He wants us to put our complete trust in Him because He is the Greatest problem solver. When we join our faith with God’s power, we are always going to be victorious in everything.
Below is a list of STEPS that we can adhere to when we have issues that are bothering our minds and we just do not know what to do:
1. Pray and Fast: Praying and fasting is extremely vital for us as children of God, because it enables us live a victorious life. Before we embark on anything, we should take some take out to pray and fast about the issues that are bothering us, this will bring God’s power of resolution to our situations. When we pray and fast, it signifies that we are not seeking our own will, but the will of God for us. Prayer is our dynamite bomb, with which we defeat the attacks of the evil ones. As children of God, when we pray and fast, our prayers do not wait in the queue, instead, they cause God to act on our behalf immediately. Remember that Daniel in the book of “Daniel, chapter 10 verses 12”, we see how an angel of the Lord appeared to Daniel and confirmed that God answered Daniel’s prayer on the first day that he began his prayer and fasting to God.
2. Exercise Faith and Patience: Our faith in God, is our currency; therefore, it is crucial that we exercise faith when we pray to God. The bible tells us that without faith, it is impossible to please God, “Hebrews 11:6”. When we walk in faith, we are refusing to allow that evil one triumph over us. Faith is our weapon, and not just any kind of weapon; but it is a deadly and brutal weapon against our enemy” the devil”. Having faith in God, His word and power, will enable us have peace and joy in the midst of our challenges. Our faith pulls on God’s power, which in turn brings about our breakthroughs and miracles. Bear in mind though, that faith requires us to patiently wait on God to work on our behalf; therefore, we must be patient and allow God do what He alone does best. The way for us to wait, is to wait in hope.
3. Praise God: We can never thank God enough for everything that He has done, is doing and will do for us His dearly beloved children. Therefore, when we are bothered about anything, let us use it as an opportunity to declare praises to God; let us worship and bless Him for He is ever so faithful and just. Our praises to God, is another effective weapon that we use to destroy the works of darkness (the devil). The devil detests our praises to God; he literately is confused when we praise and worship God in spite of our worries and pains. David, in the bible understood that praise was a great and powerful weapon to fight against the enemy, therefore, he praised God seven times a day continuously “Psalms 119:164”. When we praise God, we create an atmosphere that is conducive to usher in our breakthroughs quickly. It takes the grace of God for us to praise Him regardless of our challenges, so if you need more grace, just ask the Lord; and He is benevolent to us His children.
4. Study the Word of God: The word of God is another powerful weapon of the believer in Christ. The bible reminds us that the word of God is alive, powerful and sharper than a two-edged sword, and it able to pierce through anything and anyone “Hebrews 4:12”. When we declare the word of God in the midst of our troubles, God is quick to perform what His word says; He is not slack, but will bring to past what His word promises us. One of the most effective ways through which we can defeat the enemy, is by declaring the word of God and believing what it says concerning us and the situations that are bothering our minds. When we practice using the word of God daily in everything, we will see that there will be tremendous power available to us. God is His Word, and His Word is God! It is not our responsibility to carry out God’s word, that is the sole responsibility of Jehovah God Himself. We just have to declare His word, to allow it take effect in our situations.
5. Faithfully carry out the work of God: After we have prayed and are waiting on God for direction, it is crucial that we continue with the work of God. Get busy working in church, sharing the Gospel, helping others etc. When we commit ourselves to doing things that glorifies God, He will likewise make His grace and favour available to us, especially at the time when we have things that are bothering our minds. Also, being busy with the right things, will help us not to focus on ourselves and the issues that we may be faced with. There is joy that comes into our lives, when we focus on helping others rather than ourselves. Psalm 37:23-24 “tells us that the LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.” When we are occupied with the things that pertains to life and godliness, God will surely come through for us.
6. Remain thankful to God: Being thankful requires us to give God our gratitude for what He has done, is doing and what He will do for us. God loves it when we show Him that we are thankful for His love, grace, mercy, faithfulness, provision, protection and power; and the more we thank Him, the more He will bless us. Giving thanks to God regardless of the issues we face, will cause the devil’s schemes and devices against us to fail and be unfruitful. In Luke 17:11-19, we clearly see how Jesus healed the ten lepers, but only one returned to thank the Lord; as a result of his thankfulness, Jesus in spite of the leper’s healing, made him completely whole. When we are thankful to the Lord, He is inspired to come to us rescue when we are in trouble. We can also thank God with our praises to Him.
7. Play worship songs and watch Christian videos: It is crucial that after we have prayed, fasted, raised, worshipped etc, that we keep our minds on things that edifies us and our spirits. Watching godly Christian channels, will enable us focus on the positives, the word and power of God. It will help us develop our faith and improve our mindsets the right way. When we surround ourselves with things that are inspiring, such as praise and worship videos, godly songs and Gospel videos, our spirit man is up lifted and the weight of our troubles begins to fade. Hearing the testimonies of others about how the Lord helped them, will motivate us to dare to believe God, His word and His power. Remember always that the word of God is contagious, therefore when we hear and see how God is doing great and might things in the lives of other people, we too will be stirred up in our spirits.
When we faithfully apply the seven steps above, we can be rest assured that God is forever in control of everything, and everything is working together for your good because you love God, “Romans 2:28”. While we are waiting on God ‘s guidance during our troubling issues, we will begin to experience positive changes to our situation; and before long, the Lord will give us clarity and solutions that brings us breakthroughs. It is God’s will that we as His dearly beloved children, have peace abundantly, “John 10:10”. God will never leave nor forsake us when we need Him the most, he is ever so faithful, kind, loving, good, merciful and true. In closing, we should learn to bring God into everything that concerns us regardless of how big or little it may be. He alone is the Divine Absolute Infinite God.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name!