The man or woman chosen by God in my definition, is one who has been called, chosen, defined, refined, approved, ordained and equipped by God through His Holy Spirit; to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ with power. He/she is thoroughly vetted and established by God, to fulfil His divine purpose on the earth. Matthew 22:14, “For many are invited, but few are chosen”. This person is usually one who loves, fears and reverence the things of God, which pertains to life and godly. His/her life have been defined through the Refining Fire of God, and he/ she thirsts after righteousness. His/her character exhibits the glory, power and attributes of God. This person is a vessel, whom God has occupied and lives through. He/she is answerable to God in all things, and is subject to the Holy Spirit in the inside of him/her. This person has a clear and vivid conviction of sin, Jesus, His death, burial, resurrection and glorification; therefore, he/she endeavours in every way, to not jeopardize his/her relationship with God. Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me”.
This person loves and cherishes the rebukes of the Lord; and takes them very seriously. He/she humbly serves God faithfully and is not afraid of hard work or the days of small beginnings. He is kind, peaceful, loving, patient, prayerful, trustworthy, cautious, knowledgeable, correctable, teachable, well mannered, polite. He/ she fears and loves God; abides by the laws of God and is controlled by the Holy Spirit. This person is matured in the things of God, is non-judgemental and is pleasing to God. He/she acts in faith, because he/she has experienced the life-giving word of God, and its dynamic power. He is able to look in the mirror and shout; Praise God! Hebrews 12:2, “Looking unto Jesus, the author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
He/she is a God’s pleaser, and his/ her delight in the Lord; just like king David in the bible. This person has been taught and trained by God through His Spirit, to do exploits. He/she is not afraid of the devil and his wicked schemes, because he/she has experienced the power of God at work. This person although not void of sin, is quick to repent and ask for God’s forgiveness. He is not ill tempered and is controlled by Spirit of God. One unique quality of a man or woman of God is the fact that they grow and learn to see things through the eyes of God, by His Spirit. 1 Timothy 3:1-7, “Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap”.
A man or woman of God, is not selfishness, self-centred, irresponsible, wicked, mean, abusive, unforgiving, hates, lies, drunk or steals. He/she understands that God is taking them through a process, therefore, he/she is patient with God. He/she is rightly divided in the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. He/ she operates fully in the Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit. God gives him/her a new name and shares His secrets with him/ her. Revelation 2:17, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it”.
This person is not materialistic and is content with what he/ she receives from the Lord. His/her mind is set on things above in Heaven, rather than things on the earth. He/ she knows beyond all doubts that his/her life, is no longer theirs, but exclusively for the purpose of the Lord. This person is not boastful, arrogant, vile or unnecessarily stubborn. He/she understands that they are pilgrims on the earth, and their external abode in in Heaven with the Lord. There, He/she understands the importance of building their treasures and rewards in Heaven, by redeeming the time wisely, whilst on the earth. Matthew 6:19-21, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”.
A man/woman of God has the mindset of building and increasing God’s Kingdom; therefore, he/ she is a soul winner. Although this person may look and act gentle, he/she is a warrior in the spirit, and the devil recognises the power of God at work in him/ her; therefore, he is afraid of them. This person is covered by the grace of God in all things. Although he/she may not have many close friends, because he/she has been consecrated for God’s purpose; he/she is always comforted by the presence of Holy Spirit. Ephesians 6:10, “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power”.
The man/woman of God hates sin. He/she makes God’s enemies his/ her enemies; and God friends, his/ her friends. He/ she is full of gratitude, praises and worships the Lord. This person is blessed and highly favoured; and he/ she is strengthened on the inside. He/she is beautiful both inside and outside. The man and woman chosen by God, is an imitator of Jesus Christ, and he/ she is the expression of God’s love. This person operates in the wisdom, knowledge and revelation power of God. He/she is the head and not the tail. Hebrews1:3, “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high”.
31 Characteristics of The Man or Woman Chosen by God
- This person fears God more that he/she loves Him.
- This person abides by the laws and word of God. (God’s word is perfect law to his,/her).
- This person loves to pray, and him/her understands the role, importance and powers of prayer.
- This person refuses and rejects any report that is contrary to the report of the Lord.
- This person has a warrior’s spirit and is a soldier for Christ.
- This person is not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus and its powers.
- This person is a generous giver and a dedicated soul winner.
- This person is subject to the guidance of the Holy Spirit in every way.
- This person knows the heart of God and God shares His secrets with him/her.
- This person is dead to the world, but alive through Christ.
- This person is cautious, speaking mindfully and used choicest words.
- This person is a visionary and a go-getter.
- This person increases in the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- This person has a new and unique name given to him/her by God.
- This person, is kind, loving, compassionate and sacrificial in nature.
- This person hate lies and all things evil.
- This person is not ashamed to be vulnerable and emotional before God.
- This person loves and cherishes the rebuke of the Lord.
- This person is a carrier of light and the salt of the earth.
- This person has experienced God and the power of His word; and is completely sold out to God.
- This person understands the consequences of sin and repents quickly.
- This person is full of thanks, praises and gratitude.
- this person is blessed and highly favoured by God.
- This person does not operate on luck, because he/she is a winner in every way through Jesus Christ.
- This person is respected because of the presence and power of God in his/her life.
- This person believes God in everything and has a matured faith.
- This person has been pruned and approved by God.
- This person is a friend and admirer of God.
- This person imitates Jesus in every way. (He/she is a Jesus copycat).
- This person is feared by devil and his demons because he/ she carries God on the inside.
- This person is a righteous man/woman, called to show forth the glory of God.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name