These are the end times, where unprecedented and unrighteous things are occurring everywhere. It is crucial that we remember what awaits us in Heaven as obedient children of the Most High God. Being enlightened about our rewards and crowns that awaits us in Heaven, which will be presented to us by the Lord Himself; encourages us to live righteously. 2 John 1:8. tells us that God is a very good God and He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Therefore, it is His delight to give us more than we deserve or desire, as His dearly beloved children. In (1 Corinthians 2:9-10), the bible reminds us that eyes have not seen, ears have not heard nor has it entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him; but He has revealed it to us by His Spirit. Praise God! Also, Psalms 84:11, tells us “ For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly”.
The Lord Jesus is our greatest reward! Although there are many other rewards awaiting us faithful believers in Heaven- such as mansions, eternal life, garments, relationships, gifts, treasures etc; includes our Crowns . These Crowns are five in number, and they are different in levels and decrees. These Crowns signify our different walk of faith with the Lord whilst we lived in the world; and they are presented by Jesus Himself, to all true and faithful believers when they die and go to Heaven to be with the Lord. These Crowns commemorates the believer’s different walks of faith with Jesus, whist they lived faithfully on the earth. Revelations 22:12, “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done”.
The Five Crowns in Heaven
1. The crown of Life: These crown awaits those who are faithful to God even unto death; i.e. martyred. It is given to those who patiently persevered under difficult trials, tribulations and persecutions. Revelations 2:10, “Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown”. And James 1:2, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kind,”.
Example of someone who would received this crown, is Stephen, after he was stoned to death because of his faith in the Lord Jesus”. Acts 7:55-59, “Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together at him. Then they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul. And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit“.
2. The crown of Righteousness: The crown of righteousness are for those believers whose walk with the Lord are blameless; that those who had great reverence of God and walked uprightly while on the earth. Those who receive this crown, are in right standing with the Lord, because they made His word complete Law in their lives while they were in the world. 2 Timothy 4:8. “Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day–and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing”.
A good example of such a person that would receive this crown, is Job.1:1, “In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil”.
3. The crown of Glory: These crowns are prepared and reserved for the ones who are co-labourers with Jesus Christ in His work, mission and vision; who have helped developed many souls and carried out His great work in discipleship and church ministry. It is for those who faithfully care for the flock. Such example is seen in Peter’s and Paul’s faithful ministry for Christ. 1 peter 5:4, “And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away”.
An example of a person(s) who would receive such crowns, are the Apostles of Jesus, who worked tirelessly and passionately for the God’s Kingdom. Acts 19:20, “In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power”. And Luke 10:1-3, “After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves”.
4. The crown incorruptible: These crowns are prepared and presented to those who lived a disciplined Christian life, and ran a good race whilst they were on the earth. 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20, “For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy”.
A good example of this crown, is best illustrated by Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:24-25, “Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receives the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible”.
5. The crown of Rejoicing: The crown of Rejoicing is prepared and presented to those who faithfully won many souls for the kingdom of God; it is also popularly refed to as the “Soul Winner’s” Crown. 1 Thessalonians 2:19, ” For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?”. These crowns commemorates those who through hard work, lived on the earth and brought many soul to the realisation and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord. The bible reminds us that God does not joke about two sets of people; the are soul winners and givers. Daniel 12:3, “Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
A good example of a person that would receive this crown is Peter. Acts 2:40-41, “With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day”.
In conclusion, as children of God on the earth, let us set our minds and hearts on the things of Heaven, rather the things of the earth; where they are no everlasting rewards and life. We are all pilgrims on the earth, and one day we will leave and come before the Lord to receive our rewards for obedience to His will for our lives. Matthew 6:19 encourages us not to store up for ourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. Therefore, let us faithful believers in Christ, have the wisdom to redeem the time we are living in. Let us be wise and consciously begin to build up incorruptible treasures for ourselves in Heaven. It is the Lord’s delight to bless us His children and to give us every good and perfect gifts. James 1:17, “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
Oh, what a great day it will be, to be joined with the Lord Jesus in Heaven, and forever be with Him. Let this hope be in you always!
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name!