God is forever the same, yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever”. He does not change or depreciate in power, significance, and magnitude. The power of God is the most powerful force there is, and that will ever be. He is the omni- potent, omni- science and the omni-present God: Who was, Who is, and Who is to come. He uses His divine power to protect, provide, bless, lead, correct, teach and develop His children on the earth, to enable us to live out a successful, fruitful, triumphant, productive, efficient and effective Christian lives. Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.
From the time of creation, through the time of Jesus and now, the power of God has remained faithful, extremely strong, mighty in every way and truly effective in the world and in our lives. The power of God reflects and demonstrates the supremacy, indisputable leadership and character of God, His love, grace, mercy, favour, dedication, commitment, and divine attributes. God’s unchangeable power abides for evermore. Although God is Spirit, His unchanging powers, is clearly visible both in the spiritual and the physical realms. He is the God that manifests in many ways, and at different times. John 4:24, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth”.
The unchanging powers of God, is transferrable, therefore when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, making Him the Ruler of our lives, God impact His power in us through the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth”. Once we receive this unchanging power of God, our lives are transformed immensely, and we therefore are no longer ordinary, but are led, empowered and live through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:14, “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God”.
The unchanging powers of God are reliable, steadfast, constant and vast. As children of the Most High God, we represent God on the earth, and as a result, we can cause dynamic changes to our lives, challenging situations and prayers, by remembering that we can God on the inside of us always. For us to successfully and effectively use this power in us, we have to completely surrender to God’s will and plan for our lives. The more we surrender to God, the more He will occupy us and demonstrate His power in us, and through us. Acts 2:17, “In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams”.
Job 26:7-14, “God stretches the northern sky over empty space and hangs the earth on nothing. He wraps the rain in his thick clouds, and the clouds don’t burst with the weight. He covers the face of the moon, shrouding it with his clouds. He created the horizon when he separated the waters: he set the boundary between day and night. The foundations of heaven tremble; they shudder at his rebuke. By his power the sea grew calm. By his skill he crushed the great sea monster. His Spirit made the heavens beautiful, and his power pierced the gliding serpent. These are just the beginning of all that he does, merely a whisper of his power. Who, then, can comprehend the thunder of his power?
15 ways we can increase the power of God in us
1. Surrender all to God: James 4:11, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you”.
2. Be a doer of the word of God: James 1:22, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves”.
3. Be diligent with the work of the Lord: 2 Peter 1:10, “Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall”.
4. Believe God, His word and promises: John 14:1, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me”.
5. Pray and fast effectively: Acts 13:2, “While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them”.
6. Develop a deeper relationship with God: 1 Samuel 15:22, “But Samuel replied: “Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams”.
7. Be willing to be used by God: 2 Timothy 2:2, “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonourable, he will be a vessel for honourable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work”.
8. Demonstrate love: 1 John 4:7, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knows God”.
9. Reverence God, and the things of God: 1 Samuel 12:24, “Only fear the Lord and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you”.
10. Win souls for the Kingdom of Heaven: Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives”.
11. Yield to the guardiancy of the Holy Spirit: Romans 8:14, “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God”.
12. Stand boldly for Christ: Joshua 1:8, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go”.
13. Enjoy deep fellowship with God: 1 John 1:3, “What we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ”.
14. Obey God at all cost: 1 Samuel 15:22, “Has the Lord as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams”.
15. Set your heart on the things of Heaven, and not on the things of the earth: Colossians 3:1-2, “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things”.
Please, do not Hesitate to contact us on realtalkfinetalk.com. God bless and Keep you in Him in Jesus name.