God does not set just anyone aside to accomplish His divine will on the earth. God is very meticulous and diligent in choosing the person that He has ordained to fulfil the work of His Kingdom. God does not set many but a few people aside because there is a lot of work and rigorous process involved in training and getting these few blessed and highly favoured people ready for His use. It is indeed a great blessing and not a curse for God to deem a person fit to fulfil a role in them and through them to His glory, honour and praise. Deuteronomy 14:2, “You have been set apart as holy to the Lord your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure”.
This person whom God sets part for Himself, is usually one who has won God’s favour through divine grace, obedience, Agape love, benevolence, righteousness and holiness. There are two major things that happens when God sets a person aside for Himself: (a) He isolates him/her from everything that they know and love, to eliminate any distractions (b) He pulls him/her through the Refining Fire, to purify, modify and ordain him/her. A great example of such people who God set apart for Himself, were Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Samuel, David, John the Baptist etc. Jeremiah 1:5, “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born, I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations”.
When God sets a person aside for His divine purpose, He trains, test and equips that person in many ways to ensure that he/she is vividly prepared, ready and diligently understands His divine will in his/her life. This can sometimes be a lengthy, challenging but rewarding process for him/ her, but he/she can be rest assured that everything is working together for their good, although it may not seem so at the defining and refining time. Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose”.
10 Reason Why God Sets A Person Apart for Himself
1. You have found favour in His sight.
2. He wants to use you to fulfil His divine purpose on the earth.
3. He wants to bless and promote you on the earth and in Heaven.
4. To train you to be more like Jesus Christ.
5. To enable you to positively affect lives and your generation.
6. To aid you in a deeper, stronger and more fruitful relationship with Him.
7. To protect and equip you against the powers of darkness.
8. To give you the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit.
9. To empower you with power, knowledge and wisdom.
10. To make you a ready, prepared and approved instrument of His peace and love; you become an asset for His Kingdom.